Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mini Cheese Balls

Aren't these cute?? I love mini/bite-size food. I brought these to a Christmas party for an appetizer, and I thought with the Super Bowl coming up, that it was a good time to post some bite size snacks. I adapted an old recipe I had to use the Wildtree Garlic and Herb.

Here's what I did:

8 ounce block low-fat cream cheese
8 ounces finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2-1 tsp. Garlic and Herb Blend (you could also use the Garlic Galore or Cajun for an interesting kick!)
finely chopped fresh Italian parsley or finely chopped toasted nuts, like almonds.

With an electric mixer, blend softened cream cheese with the cheddar cheese and blend. This will be kinda hard at first, but keep going and pretty soon it will form a nice, uniform mixture. Taste and see if you want more garlic. I gave a range because I honestly can't remember how much I used. It is really your preference. Scoop these into tiny balls, about 2-3 tsp each and roll in parsley or almonds. I did some of both, as you can see, just for pretty presentation. Serve these with crackers--I used the Whole Wheat Reduced Guilt from Trader Joe's--they're yummy and pretty healthy!

No comments: